Here we make it possible for you to order books that have been valuable source works for these
websites. As an Amazon.com Associate, a small referral fee which will allow us to keep these websites online
will be paid to us.
When a book is available through Amazon.com, we will provide a direct link
to their listing for the book, allowing you to place an order at that time.
The listings from the Amazon.com website will appear in a second browser window on your
monitor, allowing you to easily move back and forth between this site and the Amazon site.
I hope that this will make ordering from our booklist easy for you.
The Amazon.com bookstore offers you a secure server, encrypting any
information that you send to the site, rapid response, email updates on
the status of your order, and a wide range of shipping options. They also
have available email notification services that you may tailor to your own
Astronomy and Science
- Skywatchers of Ancient Mexico, Anthony F. Aveni, Univ of Texas Press.
- Stairways to the Stars : Skywatching in Three Great Ancient CulturesAnthony Aveni, John Wiley & Sons.
- Empires of Time : Calendars, Clocks, and Cultures, Anthony F. Aveni, Kodansha.
- Conversing With the Planets: How Science and Myth Invented the Cosmos, Anthony Aveni, Kodansha.
- Cycles of the Sun, Mysteries of the Moon: The Calendar in Mesoamerican Civilization, Vincent H. Malmstrom, Univ. Texas Pr.
- Star Gods of the Maya: Astronomy in Art, Folklore, and Calendars, Susan Milbrath, Univ. of Texas Press.
- The Maya (Ancient Peoples and Places) Michael D. Coe, Thames & Hudson.
- The Bird Who Cleans the World: And Other Mayan Fables, Victor Montejo, Curbstone Press.
- Voices from Exile: Violence and Survival in Modern Maya History, Victor Montejo, Univ. Oklahoma Press.
- The Lords of Tikal: Rulers of an Ancient Maya City, Peter D. Harrison, Thames & Hudson.
- Ancient Civilizations of the Aztecs and Maya: Chronicles from National Geographic,
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Fred L. Israel (Editors), Chelsea House.
- The World of the Ancient Maya, John S. Henderson , Cornell Univ. Press.
- The Ancient Maya, Robert J. Sharer, Stanford Univ. Press.
- Breath on the Mirror: Mythic Voices & Visions of the Living Maya, Dennis Tedlock, Univ. New Mexico Pr.
- Popol Vuh: The Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life, Dennis Tedlock (Translator), Touchstone Books.
- An Illustrated Dictionary of the Gods and Symbols of Ancient Mexico and the Maya,
- Mary Miller, Karl Taube, Thames and Hudson.
- A Forest of Kings: The Untold Story of the Ancient Maya, Linda Schele, Quill.
- Aztec and Maya Myths, Karl Taube, Univ. Texas Press.
- The Code of Kings: The Language of Seven Sacred Maya Temples and Tombs,
- Linda Schele, Peter Mathews, Justin Kerr (Photographer), Scribner.
- The Blood of Kings: Dynasty and Ritual in Maya Art,
- Linda Schele, Mary Ellen Miller, Justin Kerr (Photographer), George Braziller.
- Maya Cosmos : Three Thousand Years on the Shaman's Path,
- David Freidel, Linda Schele, Joy Parker, Justin Kerr (Photographer), Quill.
- The Art of the Maya Scribe, Michael D. Coe, Justin Kerr (Photographer), Harry N, Abrams.
- Painting the Maya Universe: Royal Ceramics of the Classic Period,
- Dorie Reents-Budet, Linda Schele, Duke Univ. Pr.
- Album of Maya Architecture, Tatiana Proskouriakoff, Univ. Okla. Pr.
- Rio Azul: An Ancient Maya City, Richard E. W. Adams, Univ. Okla. Pr.
- The Conquest of the Last Maya Kingdom, Grant D. Jones, Stanford Univ. Pr.
- Atlas of Ancient America, Michael Coe, Dean Snow, Elizabeth Benson, Checkmark Books.
- Breaking the Maya Code, Michael D. Coe, Thames & Hudson.
- A Catalog of Maya Hieroglyphs (The Civilization of the American Indian Series, Vol 62),
- J. Eric S. Thompson, George E. Stuart, Univ. Okla. Press.
- Understanding Maya Inscriptions: A Hieroglyph Handbook, John F. Harris, Stephen K. Stearns, Univ. Penn. Press.
- Mexico: From the Olmecs to the Aztecs, Michael D. Coe, Thames & Hudson.
- At the Edge of the World: Caves and Late Classic Maya World View, Karen Bassie-Sweet, Univ. Oklahoma Pr.
- Daily Life in Maya Civilization, Robert J. Sharer, Greenwood Pub. Grp.
- The War for the Heart & Soul of a Highland Maya Town, Robert S. Carlsen, David Carrasco, Univ. Texas Press.
- An Archaeological Guide to Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula
- Joyce Kelly, Jerry Kelly (Photographer), Univ of Oklahoma Press.
- Archaeological Mexico: A Traveler's Guide to Ancient Cities and Sacred Sites, Andrew Coe, Moon Pubs.
- Adventure Guide to the Yucatan: Including Cancun & Cozumel, Bruce Conord, June Conord, Hunter Pub.
- Ancient Mexico : Aztec, Mixtec, and Maya Landscapes (Touring North America),
- George E. Stuart, Winfield Swanson, Rutgers Univ. Press.
- Fodor's 2000 Cancun, Cozumel, Yucatan Peninsula, Fodor Travel Pub.
- Yucatan Peninsula Handbook, Chicki Mallan, Moon Pubs.
- Cancun and the Riviera Maya, Caroline Vien, Alain Theroux, Alain Legault, Ulysses Book and Map.
- The Cenotes of the Riviera Maya. Steve Gerrard .
- Baedeker's Mexico
- Subscribe to National Geographic Magazine
- Subscribe to National Geographic World
Recommended Books from other websites on this server
Return to the Table of Contents
© 1995 - Karen M. Strom