- Louis (Little Coon) Oliver (1904-1991), by Frank Parman
Teaching Native American Literature
Teachers: Please read the reviews of My Heart Is On the Ground:
The Diary of Nannie Little Rose, A Sioux Girl, and The Girl Who Chased Away Sorrow: The Diary of Sarah
Nita, a Navajo Girl. New Mexico, 1864, from the Dear America series, Scholastic Books.
Authenticity & Sensitivity:
Goals for writing and reviewing books with Native American themes
by Debbie Reese
- Honouring Words Tour of Aboriginal Writers, Canadian and Maori
- Oyate, a Native organization working to see that our lives and histories are portrayed honestly
- A Talk Concerning First Beginnings: Teaching Native American Oral Literature, by Andrew Wiget
- Making Indian Literatures Fit, by Kenneth M. Roemer
- Teaching Leslie Marmon Silko by Norma Clark Wilson
- American Indian Literature and Cultures, Laura Arnold, Reed College
- Bull Head
- The Dragonfly Review from Chiron Press
- Raven Chronicles
- Red Road Stories
National Poetry Month
- New Mexico Culture Net, including a WebSlam for High School students of New Mexico.
- American Academy of Poets highlights for the month.
- American Native Press Archives
- League of Canadian Poets
- Native American Journalists Association
- Six Nations Writers
- TallMountain Circle publishes, promotes and distributes the literary works of Mary TallMountain.
- University of Arizona Poetry Center
- The Wordcraft Circle
Websites for Writers
- Author Ring
- The Electric Eclectic Writer's Web Links
- One Woman's Writing Retreat
- Painted Rock Writer's and Reader's Colony
- Planet AUTHORity
- People's Poetry Gathering
- Poets & Writers Online
- Tumblewords Project, a new Mexico Writer's Contact Guide
- World Wide Weblications
- Writer's Net
Online Bookstores/Presses Specializing in Native American Books
- Kegedonce Press, Canada
- Ken Lopez - Bookseller, Native American Literature Catalog.
- The North American Native Authors Catalog - Greenfield Review Press
- Potawatomi Fables Bookstore
- Children's books containing a little history, a little language, and a lot of exciting adventure.
- Signature Publishing
- Bibliofind, for out of print and rare books.
- Keoz.com - Arts Vertical Portal
- Graham's Poetry Library
- Gale Literary Databases
- Voices From the Gaps, Women Writers of Color
- Celebration of Women Writers
- Librarian's Index to the Internet
- Native American Women Playwrights Archive
- Native Canadian Women Writers, who are published in English
- Northeastern Indians: New England, Middle Atlantic & Great Lakes areas. Bibliography
- The Midwest Book Review
- Nebraska Center for Writers
- Native American Book Sources on the Internet
- Native American Related Electronic Texts Available online
- Native American Media Resources online
- Pilot-Search, a literary search engine.
- Preliminary Bibliography of Wisconsin Indian Authors
- Ultimate Poetry Links, from the International Library of Poetry.
Return to the Storytellers Frontdoor